Kristin Kelly is an Associate Attorney with Reed Longyear. Her practice focuses on family law, contract law, and beverage law. Kristin approaches her clients with compassion and kindness. She takes the time to explain the legal process and the law, and works with her clients to come up with the best strategy for their personal circumstances. She works hard to resolve matters amicably, but is an experienced litigator who fervently advocates for her clients in court. She has managed numerous complex litigation cases in both family and contract law and has established a beverage law practice, assisting local distributors and suppliers with various issues, from defending statutory protections to negotiating contracts.
Prior to law school, Kristin Kelly worked as a legal professional in an array of practice areas, including personal injury, criminal defense, and construction contracts & lien law.
Kristin Kelly was admitted to the Washington State Bar after obtaining her Juris Doctor from Seattle University School of Law in 2015, after completing her third year as a visiting student at Berkeley Law. While in law school, Kristin interned for the Racial Disparity Project and the ACLU of Washington, where she gained experience in defending civil rights through criminal law, civil legal proceedings, the legislative process, and the collective bargaining process in public interest labor law.
When the weather in Seattle permits, Kristin loves to hike and camp with her family or work in her garden. In the other 9 months of the year, she reads and practices yoga.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2022
Professional Associations & Memberships
- King County Bar Association, Business Law Section and Family Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section and Family Law Section
- Washington Women’s Lawyers
- Family Law CASA, CASA Uncorked Committee
- de Maar Law, Associate, 2015-2019
- ACLU of Washington, Civil Intern, 2014
- ACLU of Washington, Policy Advocacy Extern, 2014
- Racial Disparity Project, Intern, 2013