John Vaughey is a personal injury lawyer with over 24 years of experience in injury litigation. He specializes in plaintiff’s personal injury claims primarily involving wrongful death, traumatic brain injuries, motor vehicle collisions (car, motorcycle, and truck accidents), premises liability, slip and falls, workplace injuries, dog bite cases, and pedestrian incidents. John also has handles select litigation matters related to real estate, boundary disputes, probate and TEDRA.
With 15 years of previous work experience with insurance companies, John has an insider’s knowledge of how the insurance industry approaches personal injury claims. Using this understanding to his advantage, John helps his clients who are injured secure compensation for their personal losses. John takes time to educate his clients about the claims process. He takes extra steps to ensure that his clients are comfortable throughout the legal process.
Outside of practicing law, John enjoys spending time with his wife and kids. He is an outdoor enthusiast and his favorite activities include being in the mountains, backpacking and travel.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- ABA Lawyer Referral and Information Service, Standing Committee Member
- King County Bar Association
- King County Lawyer Referral, Past Chair and current committee member
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Washington State Bar Association
- $1.2 million for a traumatic head injury
- $420,000 serious motor vehicle accident
- $250,000 recovered full policy limit for serious motor vehicle accident
- $350,000 motorcycle wrongful death
An important variable in determining whether my clients will receive full value on their injury claim is their selection of insurance coverage and certain contract clauses buried in their insurance policy. Often a personal injury client believes they have “full” or “comprehensive” coverage; only to discover, at the most important time, they have not purchased […]