Carry Porter works closely with clients on a broad range of family law issues. She helps them address serious concerns about the division of marital assets, the security of their relationship with their children, and the difficulty of meeting support obligations. Carry helps clients achieve solutions that not only address their immediate problems but also look toward protecting their long-range interests.
Known for her direct style, Carry will explain your rights and options in clear terms. As an advocate, her goal is to help you find creative solutions without increasing conflict. If an issue or case cannot be worked out by agreement, then she will bring it to court, in a focused, direct, and effective manner.
Carry graduated with honors from Seattle University School of Law in 2010 and brings a diverse array of legal experience to her practice, including work as a solo practitioner, with the Ecology Division of the Washington Attorney General’s Office, and for the City of Kent Prosecutor’s Office. She has a history of championing social justice issues, including supporting domestic violence survivors as a Family Law Fellow with the Eastside Legal Assistance Program and assisting people affected by Hurricane Katrina in getting financial support from the federal government.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Carry spent nearly a decade as a marketing executive. She worked for and advised startups, established businesses, and non-profits. This background informs her approach to working with clients. She understands that people need a lawyer who understands their goals and is committed to helping them solve their problems quickly and efficiently.
In her free time, Carry can usually be found in the mountains climbing and cross-country skiing or traveling the world by bicycle or motorcycle.
Honors and Awards
- Washington Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2020
- Presenter, King County Bar Association, “Doing Business in Indian Country,” August 22, 2011.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
Pro Bono Activities
- ELAP Family Law Fellowship Advisory Board, 2017-present.
- The Mountaineers, Secretary of the Board of Directors, 2016-present.
- Washington First Responder Will Clinic, 2010-present.
- Eastside Legal Assistance Program, Family Law Fellow, 2015-2016.